Friday, January 16, 2009

Pokie-poke and 'itches'

We almost made it a week with Mya in our family without anything major happening. The day after Thanksgiving Ryan was playing with our keys on the calendar holder and one of the pictures fell and cut her below the eye. Luckily our AWESOME friends (Reed, Kat, and Brynley) were over and Reed just went and got his car and drove Kirk and Ryan to the ER, so I could stay home with Mya. Well they had to sedate her to put in stiches. So as she was still a little loopy, Ryan was saying and doing the funniest things. I saw her when they got home and it looked like my 2 year old was drunk. But she is healing nicely now and we are just working on keeping her scar well oiled and sunblocked so it will fade.


But now when I am doing something that she thinks I will get hurt doing or that she thinks is naughty, she will tell me "mom, do you want to go get pokie-poke and itches?" "Well then you need to be careful!" I just laugh when she tells me this! What a little mommie she is becoming!
Ryan also likes to retell the story to me and anyone else. I think on a daily basis I hear it about 3 times throughout the day. She always likes to talk about the "pokie-poke and itches."

5 comments:

Haylee Williams said...

That looks so sad:( Your baby is so cute. I love the name Mya. How is it going with two kids? Hope all is well.

Valerie Hall said...

That is so sad! She does look so cute though! Hope you guys are doing well.

KAT said...

My sweet little Ry Ry!! She was such a brave girl through that whole situation!! Brynley still talks about Ryans owie on her eye ALL the time!! You are such a good mom & have taken such good care of her eye because it looks fabulous now! I can hardly tell it happened!!:)

Nicole said...

That is too bad. I can hear you say pokie-poke and 'itches in my head, but you say it like when we were little. The baby is beautiful. We were so sad to miss you at Christmas time, who knew Aubs would play in the snow so much.

Jake and Nicole said...

How scary!!! I am glad it didn't go in her eye! She is getting so big and more BEAUTIFUL! How is it being a mom of 2? We miss you guys!