Monday, April 18, 2011

Blue Bonnets

We had a friend call us and invite us to go and see the Blue Bonnets. Well not being from Texas I had no idea what they were. I was thinking hats or ice cream, but I know the good ice cream is Blue Bell. But turns out they are the Texas State Flower. So we went to an old cemetary on a hill and it was covered in the flowers. We had fun running around and watching out for the ant piles. This is looking up the hill at the cemetary. I was laughing because the cemetary is called Zion's Cemetary. But this cemetary was established in 1840's and it was cool to walk around and look at the old headstones.

This is Ryan's friend Maddison and poor girl kept stepping on the ant piles! Not fun!!
Here is a picture of the girls trying to smile nicely for me. Mya was scared to put her left foot down while sitting on the ground. She held it up the whole time!

3 comments:

Valerie Hall said...

I can't believe how big the girls are getting. I am so glad you are starting to blog again:)

KAT said...

Oh my Apes...how fun and beautiful!! Blue Bonnets are so pretty & i'm really jealous its so nice there!! We miss you soooooo dang much...glad to hear your having fun/playdates & its great too see pics of the girls!! Luv ya

Leo said...

You are blogging! We miss you guys!! Ani constantly talks about how Ryan will miss her birthday this year. She is really bummed. Looks like you folks are adjusting really well. I'm so glad we get to read about your new life. The girls are so cute!